Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Rattigan (Rattikin-Rattekin, etc)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert B. Hudson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: Rattigan (Rattikin-Rattekin, etc) Reply with quote

I am researching my Rattigan family. I have reason to believe that they were in County Roscommon before coming to USA.
The earliest Rattekin I have found in USA is Patrick Rattekin, b. abt 1710 in Ireland He died in the state of Virginia in 1806. My family uses the spelling, Rattikin, now.

rhudson@chartertn.net

Gerry Grady

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Rattigan (Rattikin-Rattekin, etc) Reply with quote

: I am researching my Rattigan family. I have reason to believe that they were in County Roscommon before coming to USA.
: The earliest Rattekin I have found in USA is Patrick Rattekin, b. abt 1710 in Ireland He died in the state of Virginia in 1806. My family uses the spelling, Rattikin, now.

My ggrandparents Patrick & Ann (Hanley) Murphy had a son Martin b.abt1828 Gortgallen , Kilgefin (Cllontuskert)Par, Dio.Elphin , Co.Rosc.m.Catherine Rhatigan who in turn had Andrew , Margaret 1884-1945 , Katherine , William 1866 d.USA , James , Martin d.USA , John 1864 d.USA , Bridgette d.PA,USA m. USA Unk.Sutton

gradygerry@aol.com

Rosemary Vandenburg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Rattigan (Rattikin-Rattekin, etc) Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: I am researching my Rattigan family. I have reason to believe that they were in County Roscommon before coming to USA.
: The earliest Rattekin I have found in USA is Patrick Rattekin, b. abt 1710 in Ireland He died in the state of Virginia in 1806. My family uses the spelling, Rattikin, now.

When I was in Ireland this summer for the Ballykilcline Society reunion
I took pictures of grave stones in Scramogue, Co Roscommon cemetery of Catherine
Rhattigan of Culliach died 11 sept 1941, her husban, Edward died 9 Dec 1951
their son, John died 15 May 1974, his wife Elizabeth nee fitzpatrick died 26
Feb 2000 aged 88 years. A second stone is Peter Rhattigan , Culliach
died 1 Sep 1976 aged 35 yrs, his brother Stephen died 10 apr 2001 aged
58 years.
That is all the Rattigan family I found. I checked Kilglass, Scramogue a
and Kiltrussen. I was checking for someone else and have nothing else
on this name.
Rosemary

vandyr@att.net

JOHN BURKE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Rattigan (Rattikin-Rattekin, etc) Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

:
: : I am researching my Rattigan family. I have reason to believe that they were in County Roscommon before coming to USA.
: : The earliest Rattekin I have found in USA is Patrick Rattekin, b. abt 1710 in Ireland He died in the state of Virginia in 1806. My family uses the spelling, Rattikin, now.

: My ggrandparents Patrick & Ann (Hanley) Murphy had a son Martin b.abt1828 Gortgallen , Kilgefin (Cllontuskert)Par, Dio.Elphin , Co.Rosc.m.Catherine Rhatigan who in turn had Andrew , Margaret 1884-1945 , Katherine , William 1866 d.USA , James , Martin d.USA , John 1864 d.USA , Bridgette d.PA,USA m. USA Unk.Sutton

TJSDAD97@AOL.COM

JOHN BURKE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Rattigan (Rattikin-Rattekin, etc) Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: :
: : : I am researching my Rattigan family. I have reason to believe that they were in County Roscommon before coming to USA.
: : : The earliest Rattekin I have found in USA is Patrick Rattekin, b. abt 1710 in Ireland He died in the state of Virginia in 1806. My family uses the spelling, Rattikin, now.

: : My ggrandparents Patrick & Ann (Hanley) Murphy had a son Martin b.abt1828 Gortgallen , Kilgefin (Cllontuskert)Par, Dio.Elphin , Co.Rosc.m.Catherine Rhatigan who in turn had Andrew , Margaret 1884-1945 , Katherine , William 1866 d.USA , James , Martin d.USA , John 1864 d.USA , Bridgette d.PA,USA m. USA Unk.SuttonI HAVE HANLEYS AND RATIGANS IN OFFSHOOTS OF MY MAIN BRANCH. MY GREAT GRAND UNCLE THOMAS STAYED IN ROSCOMMON AND MARRIED A MARY RATIGAN. MY GREAT GRAND AUNT ROSE MULLANEY MARRIED BERNARD MARTIN. BERNARDS' SISTER MARRIED MICHAEL HANLEY THEY SETTLED NEAR HAZLETIN PA, AS DID MY OTHER ROSCOMMON FAMILIES- BURKE, CONLIN, FALLON. THE BURKES DEFINETELY FROM ELPHIN, BUT STILL SEARCHING FOR TOWNLAND FOR CONLINS AND FALLONS

TJSDAD97@AOL.COM

Patty Pickett

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Rattigan (Rattikin-Rattekin, etc) Reply with quote

My great great grandparents were Ann Radigan and Barney Conlin, and I have no proof but believe they came from Roscommon and settled in West Rutland Vermont. They were born about 1820 and lived to the early 1900's here in Vermont. There were several Conlin families in the area, never connected them to Barney. The children born to this couple were Mary (married Pat Mumford), John Charles, Patrick, Margaret and Bernard. There seems to have been some possible connection to a town or area in NY called "Roundout". Ann and Barney were in West Rutland by the 1850 US census. This post is the first time I have seen Conlin and Radigan together.
Patty : :

: : : : I am researching my Rattigan family. I have reason to believe that they were in County Roscommon before coming to USA.
: : : : The earliest Rattekin I have found in USA is Patrick Rattekin, b. abt 1710 in Ireland He died in the state of Virginia in 1806. My family uses the spelling, Rattikin, now.

: : : My ggrandparents Patrick & Ann (Hanley) Murphy had a son Martin b.abt1828 Gortgallen , Kilgefin (Cllontuskert)Par, Dio.Elphin , Co.Rosc.m.Catherine Rhatigan who in turn had Andrew , Margaret 1884-1945 , Katherine , William 1866 d.USA , James , Martin d.USA , John 1864 d.USA , Bridgette d.PA,USA m. USA Unk.Sutton: I HAVE HANLEYS AND RATIGANS IN OFFSHOOTS OF MY MAIN BRANCH. MY GREAT GRAND UNCLE THOMAS STAYED IN ROSCOMMON AND MARRIED A MARY RATIGAN. MY GREAT GRAND AUNT ROSE MULLANEY MARRIED BERNARD MARTIN. BERNARDS' SISTER MARRIED MICHAEL HANLEY THEY SETTLED NEAR HAZLETIN PA, AS DID MY OTHER ROSCOMMON FAMILIES- BURKE, CONLIN, FALLON. THE BURKES DEFINETELY FROM ELPHIN, BUT STILL SEARCHING FOR TOWNLAND FOR CONLINS AND FALLONS

pattypb@sover.net

Thomas Joseph Rhattigan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Rattigan (Rattikin-Rattekin, etc) Reply with quote

Email me directly and I can give you our family history as far as my family goes...We know pretty exactly when our clan came to America..it was just after the great potato famine around 1876. Patrick Rattigan was my great great grandfather and his son Thomas my great grandfather put the "H" in our name changing it to Rhattigan here in the United States. He said that in Ireland they pronounced our name er-hattigan, hence the "h" got added. I have a lot of other information. Feel free to email me.

T. J.

tjrhattigan@wideopenwest.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: