Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

GANLEY

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan Branton

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:05 pm    Post subject: GANLEY Reply with quote

I am researching my husband's family tree. His mother was named Daisy Isabella Ganley. Her father was George born 1894 and his father was John born 1860. It is believed John came over from Ireland. However, I found him on the 1881 Census for Sunderland, Durham, England and his place of birth was given as Sunderland. If that was true then maybe it was his father who came over. Unfortunately, I do not know his name nor his date of birth.

Has anyone any information on the Ganley name. I have been told that this name probably came from the Roscommom area!

Thanks

sue@sbranton.fsnet.co.uk

Seosamh Mac Muirí

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: GANLEY Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: I am researching my husband's family tree. His mother was named Daisy Isabella Ganley. Her father was George born 1894 and his father was John born 1860. It is believed John came over from Ireland. However, I found him on the 1881 Census for Sunderland, Durham, England and his place of birth was given as Sunderland. If that was true then maybe it was his father who came over. Unfortunately, I do not know his name nor his date of birth.

: Has anyone any information on the Ganley name.

Susan a chara,

I would advise taking a few plunges at a few hunches. Noting the Christian name, I see that one John Ganly appears in the 1901 Census on this site. Such a family might have a connection that could still be traceable.

The Leitrim-Roscommon Griffiths Valuation Search (on this site) :

Results of One Name Study for Surname 'Ganly' in County Roscommon :

Name of Civil Parish :

3 Boyle
4 Kilkeevin
1 Killummod
1 Kilmeane
2 Tibohine

If you take a plunge and keep a critical eye on matters, you can narrow it down to some smaller area than a county. You may hit on someone else's information that might start the ball rolling.

Don't give up! Keep looking around.

Go n-éirí sé leat - Good luck with it.

Seosamh.macmuiri@ul.ie

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: