Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Reynolds of Mohill Parish 1800 - 1849

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bthacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reynolds of Mohill Parish 1800 - 1849 Reply with quote

Patrick Reynolds (born 1809) from Carrick in Mohill Parish and Mary O'Toole (born 1810) of Carrick in Annaduff Parish married around 1830. Six of nine children survived childhood according to Lawrence McBride in his book, "The Reynolds Letters":Laurence, John, Peter, Mary Ann, Patrick and William (born 1847).

I am seeking to verify the name of Mary O'Toole's father. If Anyone knows the names of the other three children and their birth order, I could use the Irish traditional naming scheme to verify what I have found on Mary's brother's death certificate concerning her father.
I have Mary's death certificate but since she moved to Manchester, England following Patrick's death about 1849, it doesn't list her parents when she died in 1904.

I do have some fun old photographs of some of the children.

Thanks for sharing any information.

[/b]
MarkCT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any information on Mary Ann? Specifically who she married? I am a descendent of a Mary Ann Reynolds of Mohill Parish who would have been born around the same time. Thanks
bthacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Mary Ann Reynolds Reply with quote

Mary O'Toole (b 1810?) married Patrick Reynolds (b 1809?) (we suspect around 1830) near Mohill, Leitrim, Ireland.
Their daughter, Mary Ann, did not marry, according to family tradition.
Their son, Laurence Reynolds married a Mary Kavanagh about 1864 - probably in Chicago, Il, USA. Their children were named James, Thomas, John, and Mary Ann.
Sounds like this last Mary Ann is too "late" to be in your line.

Best of luck. I know that there are a number of Mary Reynolds appearing in Mohill records.
MarkCT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it seems that it is a different Reynolds family line. I noticed today while looking through the Mohill Parish records that about 1-10 registries seem to include the name "Reynolds"!
Tom Coughlan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, and just to depress you: according to an article in Irish Roots in 1994, Reynolds was the most common surname in Leitrim in the 19th Century. Incidentally,my great-grandmother was an Elizabeth Reynolds from Clooneagh townland (civil parish Mohill, church parish Bornacoola).

Tom
MarkCT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it makes searching any Reynolds ancestor very difficult. In my family for example, both my great-grandfather and his father married women named Mary Reynolds (who were not related).
bthacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the necessary documentation in the McBride-Reynolds Special Collection at The Newberry Library in Chicago. Thanks to all who responded to this post. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: