Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Material for inclusion in Resource County Roscommon 2011 CD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Material for inclusion in Resource County Roscommon 2011 CD Reply with quote

Since 2004 I have published a series of Compact Disks (CDs) to aid Local Historians and Family Historians in their County Roscommon research. The CDs are the result of my own research into the Roscommon families to which I am connected. Production of the CDs has involved years of work and five visits to Ireland.

The current edition, Resource County Roscommon 2009 CD, consisting of 3725 pages and 111 maps. It includes a number of two or three page narratives, with photographs, submitted by researchers about their Roscommon ancestors. Thus it has become both an archive and a living resource where Roscommon ancestor tracers can tell of their triumphs and frustrations.

If authorised, I would like to add more Burial Ground records, as well as Parish and School histories, including photographs.

As with my earlier CDs, the new CD is a not-for-profit project. I will be happy to recover the replicating/mailing costs and part of the cost of maintaining the website www.roscommon.info

I would welcome any feedback, enquiries or additional information for inclusion in the 2011 CD. Please send details by Private Message (PM).

Closing date for new data is 31 March 2011.
John Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to everyone who contributed articles and feedback for the 2011 Resource County Roscommon CD. With your help, I have updated the CD to include extra archival material and tales from Roscommon researchers.
John Hunter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: