Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Conry & Cox of Roscommon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy McConnell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 1997 6:41 am    Post subject: Conry & Cox of Roscommon Reply with quote

Looking for information on the Cox and Conry families who came to Chattanooga,TN before 1860. Peter Conry married Mary Cox in 1860, both were from County Roscommon according to Mary's pension application papers. Another surname was Feeney, supposedly Mary's father or uncle.

McHistory@msn.com

jane cook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 1997 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Conry & Cox of Roscommon Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Looking for information on the Cox and Conry families who came to Chattanooga,TN before 1860. Peter Conry married Mary Cox in 1860, both were from County Roscommon according to Mary's pension application papers. Another surname was Feeney, supposedly Mary's father or uncle.

Hi Guy, I know that the Cox name may be plentiful but I thought I'd answer anyway. I don't have info on your two names but did have a great-great-grandmother named Bridget Cox, married Patrick Roddy, from Roscommon.I don't have any more info on her. He was born approx.1804 to give you a time reference. There's no telling if they could have been connected back then somewhere. Happy digging. Jane Cook, Baltimore, Md.

nanie@erols.com

Guy McConnell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 1997 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Conry & Cox of Roscommon Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : Looking for information on the Cox and Conry families who came to Chattanooga,TN before 1860. Peter Conry married Mary Cox in 1860, both were from County Roscommon according to Mary's pension application papers. Another surname was Feeney, supposedly Mary's father or uncle.

: Hi Guy, I know that the Cox name may be plentiful but I thought I'd answer anyway. I don't have info on your two names but did have a great-great-grandmother named Bridget Cox, married Patrick Roddy, from Roscommon.I don't have any more info on her. He was born approx.1804 to give you a time reference. There's no telling if they could have been connected back then somewhere. Happy digging. Jane Cook, Baltimore, Md.

Thanks for the interest. There was a Bridgit Cox in the 1860 census for Chattanooga, TN. He was living near Mary's residence. She was old enough to be Mary's mother, and I suspect she was. Any comments

McHistory@aol.com

mary conry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 1997 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Conry & Cox of Roscommon Reply with quote

: : : Looking for information on the Cox and Conry families who came to Chattanooga,TN before 1860. Peter Conry married Mary Cox in 1860, both were from County Roscommon according to Mary's pension application papers. Another surname was Feeney, supposedly Mary's father or uncle.

: : Hi Guy, I know that the Cox name may be plentiful but I thought I'd answer anyway. I don't have info on your two names but did have a great-great-grandmother named Bridget Cox, married Patrick Roddy, from Roscommon.I don't have any more info on her. He was born approx.1804 to give you a time reference. There's no telling if they could have been connected back then somewhere. Happy digging. Jane Cook, Baltimore, Md.

: Thanks for the interest. There was a Bridgit Cox in the 1860 census for Chattanooga, TN. He was living near Mary's residence. She was old enough to be Mary's mother, and I suspect she was. Any comments

mary conry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 1997 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Conry & Cox of Roscommon Reply with quote

: : : Looking for information on the Cox and Conry families who came to Chattanooga,TN before 1860. Peter Conry married Mary Cox in 1860, both were from County Roscommon according to Mary's pension application papers. Another surname was Feeney, supposedly Mary's father or uncle.

: : Hi Guy, I know that the Cox name may be plentiful but I thought I'd answer anyway. I don't have info on your two names but did have a great-great-grandmother named Bridget Cox, married Patrick Roddy, from Roscommon.I don't have any more info on her. He was born approx.1804 to give you a time reference. There's no telling if they could have been connected back then somewhere. Happy digging. Jane Cook, Baltimore, Md.

: Thanks for the interest. There was a Bridgit Cox in the 1860 census for Chattanooga, TN. He was living near Mary's residence. She was old enough to be Mary's mother, and I suspect she was. Any comments

mary conry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 1997 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Conry & Cox of Roscommon Reply with quote

mary conry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 1997 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Conry & Cox of Roscommon Reply with quote

Hi Guy! I am a Conry and my ancestors came from CCounty Roscommon during the Potato Famine. They came from an area called Stokestown. I don't know anything about any Conrys in Tennessee. I am from Cleveland and most of my family is there. The name CConry means "Keeper of the Hound". Before it was anglicized, it was OMaolchonaire. I traced my family back to the Middle Ages. They were writers, poets, chroniclers and Franciscan monks. One was on the Spanish Armada. Good luck in your search. If I can be of any help let me know.Merry Christmas! Mary Conry

Guy McConnell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 1997 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Conry & Cox of Roscommon Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

McHistory@aol.com

margret conry george

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 1997 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Conry & Cox of Roscommon Reply with quote

Grandfather came from Ireland in early 1900's. Name was George Cnry, had a twin sister named Catherine. Married Margaret Nolan Fairchild in 1910 or so, had one son named Jesse Jerome. They lived in Kansas city Mo. George Conry died in 1931, J.J. Conry died in 1957.

rehab@mail.myriad.net

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: