Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

John Henry

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhenry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 1997 3:50 pm    Post subject: John Henry Reply with quote

I an looking for information on my g g grandfather John Henry, he was a cooper perhaps one of several brothers of the same occupation. Family tradition has it that he came from Roscommon. Son Thomas, my grandfather born 1856 in Roscommon. Father John may have died in Ireland about 1879.
Any info will be gratefully received.
Thanks

jhenry@ndirect.co.uk

Mary Lee Dunn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 1998 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: John Henry Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: I an looking for information on my g g grandfather John Henry, he was a cooper perhaps one of several brothers of the same occupation. Family tradition has it that he came from Roscommon. Son Thomas, my grandfather born 1856 in Roscommon. Father John may have died in Ireland about 1879.
: Any info will be gratefully received.
: Thanks

Several Henrys married into my Riley family in Rhode Island and Connecticut after about 1852.
I have this entry from a Henry Bible: "James Henry is my name. The parish of Kilglass, County Roscommon, ireland, was my dwelling place. My mother Catherine Henry died the 22 day of July 1857 in her 65 year. My father Patrick Henry died Nov. 27, 1861. Frank Henry died March 15, 1879."
James Henry married Mary Riley in Providence about 1852. I think Frank Henry was his brother and Frank married Mary Riley Henry's sister Ann Riley Featherstone. It was her second marriage and it took place in Killingly, CT, about 1874. I have info on James and Mary's children. They also were connected with Dockerys of Legan. I believe the Henrys may have been from Bumlin.

MaryLDunn@aol.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: