Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

To try and find more about the Collins family of Roscommon,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerald Collins

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: To try and find more about the Collins family of Roscommon, Reply with quote

Well, here goes !! :? I am trying to find more information regarding my ancestors and decendants from the family of Thomas Collins who lived at Henry St. Roscommon, in the Barony of Ballintober South. In the 1901 census he had living with him his son, Thomas (32) Daughter-in-Law Kate (24) and his two grand-children, Frank (3), and William (1). Thomas senior was a carpenter and widower. Thomas Junior was a postman. Thomas junior it is believed, rose to the rank of post master and had with Kate about 8-9 children !! Here are the names i know of. Frank, William, (Bill)?, Rose, Anastacia, Catheline, Mary, Eileen and my Grandad Michael who was born in 1915. If anybody out there who thinks they maybe could help in anyway, please drop me a line as i have come to a 'dead end' after the 1901 census. I would love to meet any relatives who may still live in Roscommon, and i would also like to pay my respects to those who have passed away. Hope you can find the time in my quest.
All the Best,
Gerald Barry Collins.
kristen

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: COLLINS FAMILIES IN ROSCOMMON Reply with quote

Hi Gerald
There a number of Collin`s in Roscommon at present though I do not know them personally. I suggest you post your query the The Roscommon Champion which is the weekly local paper. The Library in Roscommon holds the 1911 census which I found very useful. Happy hunting !!
Kristen living in Devon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: