Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

King

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Surname List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lfaris

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: King Reply with quote

County: Roscommon
Civil Parish: French Park
Townland: Highbog, Kainspark
Related Surname Info: I have just learned that my great grandfather, John King, a cooper, was from French Park. He was born 1850 and emigrated to Philadelphia PA USA in 1872. Records indicate that his parents were John King and Catherine Coen. There is evidence of siblings Patrick (born 1850 and presumed to die young); and Catherine born 1856. All three children were baptized in the Fairymount RC parish. There is a civil record of the birth of another sibling called Pat King in 1864 with Highbog given as the address. Later, in January 1879, Catherine Coen King dies at age 56 and her address at the time is Kainspark.

The newspaper death notice of my great grantfather's death in 1910 states he was from French Park.

Any chance of a connection?

Lorraine
Maryland
USA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Surname List All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: