Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

10th Anniversary 1901 Census File

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: 10th Anniversary 1901 Census File Reply with quote

Yesterday marked the 10th anniversary of the 1901 census file
which has been hosted on this website since August 21st, 1998. I would like to acknowledge the ongoing support of Ed and Shaun Finn who have graciously provided software and storage support over the last ten years.

I would also like to thank the volunteers who assisted me in the early years of the project when we were completing the records for Co. Roscommon and Co. Leitrim. I was also able to complete Co. Mayo and Co. Sligo and currently have about 40%
of Co. Galway completed. In total ,there are almost 120,000 households in the data base and approximately 600,000 individuals.

Roger McDonnell
Nuala

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 years? Amazing! I, for one, am truly grateful to Roger, Ed, Shaun and all the supporters of this marvelous website. I have used the census databases so much over the years. The maps are invaluable, the bulletin board is a link to expert advise and assistance and I couldn't imagine looking at a microfilm of church records without having the Townland Database open beside me.
I give thanks all the time that "my people come from Roscommon" as researchers from other counties other than Leitrim & Ros have a much more difficult road to hoe than we do. It's all thanks to this website. THANK YOU!
All the best, Nuala
redted

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, here ... I would still be scratching my head if my lot had not come from Leitrim ... I know this as a fact as some of my other Irish roots, are elsewhere and are very much in the brickwall category..!!

Thanks folks for such a helpful site.
Kathy Clare

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Happy 10th Anniversary kudos Reply with quote

A huge thankyou to all of you responsible for the contributions and running of this site!! I agree that one is lucky to have this wonderful resource! I wish there was as good a one for Kilkenny!!

Kathy Clare (Vancouver Canada)
Helen O'Connor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

I would like to say a big thank you to Roger and his team of volunteers, and to Ed and Shaun, for all the wonderful information they have provided us with over the years. Your generosity is exceptional and is much appreciated by this researcher.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: