Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Family of Patrick Gaffney and Mary Rohan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lawrence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed

My name is Lawrence Wynne from outside Edinburgh. I have seen posts from you on this and other geneaology web sites. I correspond with Brian Wynn from Australia about our shared heritage. He found records of my great great grandparents' marriage in Kilronan. They were Patrick Guiheen(Wynne) and Anne Gaffeny and were married in Kilronan Parish on 10.10.1841. The witnesses were Dominic Gaffeny and Margaret Ruan(?). The marriage entry also included the latin phrase 'sanguinitatis gratibus' which I have yet to get a proper translation of. I have no other information regarding the Gaffeny (not sure if correct spelling) side of my family. My great grandparents, Michael Wynne and Catherine Early (both from Kilronan) were married in Ratho, Mid Lothian (just outside Edinburgh) in 1874. I checked at Register House, Edinburgh for male and female 'Wynnes' also married around the same time and came across a Lackey Gaffeny who married an Ann Wynne also in Ratho in 5.11.1877. Lackey's parents were listed as Martin Gaffeny and Catherine Gaffeny nee Ward(?). From the 1881 census this couple had at least 3 children - Annie, Martin and John. Interestingly in the same census they had four males from the Wynnes boarding with them - Owen, Michael, Patrick and John. Apart from Owen, the other names are all names found in my family.

I hope this is of some interest to you. For my sake, I wonder if you have any information which may help me follow the Gaffeny line?

Regards

Lawrence Wynne
Lawrence

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed

Thanks for the reply. None of the names you mention immediately jump out at me as being related to my research, although I would think that we will be related in some way! I have literally no information on the Gaffeny side of the family. Brian has been very good at giving me information on the Wynnes and 'Earlys' from his research but we haven's spoken about the Gaffeny's yet. In fact, Brian Wynn's great grandfather and mine share the name Michael Wynn(e) but we can't get a connection! Thomas Wynne is a 'name' in my Wynne family and given the dates of his children's births, and Patrick Wynne's marriage in 1841, I wonder if they could have been related? Do you know when they married? I am visiting Keadue in November - any advice on what to see and where to look for information on the family? Over the winter I go into Register House in Edinburgh for a day on the computers there. If there is anything I could do for you when I am there please let me kinow.

Regards

Lawrence
Lawrence

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed

Thanks again. We are staying with the McNiffs!!! Brian Wynne recommended another place but when I 'phoned they had stopped doing B & B but she recommended the McNiffs. It's a small world. Should you wish to contact me direct my e mail is lawrencewynne@btinternet.com.

Regards

Lawrence
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: