Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Location of Mailwood, Leitrim

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jane Barber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:15 pm    Post subject: Location of Mailwood, Leitrim Reply with quote

Trying to find the location of Mailwood, Co. Leitrim. I believe it to be in the Carrick-on-Shannon / Jamestown area. Any help appreciated.

barb5ked@aol.com

Sean

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Location of Mailwood, Leitrim Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Trying to find the location of Mailwood, Co. Leitrim. I believe it to be in the Carrick-on-Shannon / Jamestown area. Any help appreciated.

How about Milltown in Kilmore parish in Roscommon?

Jane Barber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Location of Mailwood, Leitrim Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : Trying to find the location of Mailwood, Co. Leitrim. I believe it to be in the Carrick-on-Shannon / Jamestown area. Any help appreciated.

: How about Milltown in Kilmore parish in Roscommon?

I'm pretty sure the parish is Kiltoghert and I've a feeling that Mailwood (or possibly Merlwood) is close to Aughriman South andMinkill. We are looking for Gilbanes (Kilban, Kilbane).

barb5ked@aol.com

Sean

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Location of Mailwood, Leitrim Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : : Trying to find the location of Mailwood, Co. Leitrim. I believe it to be in the Carrick-on-Shannon / Jamestown area. Any help appreciated.

: : How about Milltown in Kilmore parish in Roscommon?

: I'm pretty sure the parish is Kiltoghert and I've a feeling that Mailwood (or possibly Merlwood) is close to Aughriman South andMinkill. We are looking for Gilbanes (Kilban, Kilbane).

Well, Sheese! Minkill all of 97 acres.
Your Gilbride's, one of them, still in Kiltoghert; see phonebook on-line here. In 1901 there were three households.

Jane Barber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Location of Mailwood, Leitrim Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : : : Trying to find the location of Mailwood, Co. Leitrim. I believe it to be in the Carrick-on-Shannon / Jamestown area. Any help appreciated.

: : : How about Milltown in Kilmore parish in Roscommon?

: : I'm pretty sure the parish is Kiltoghert and I've a feeling that Mailwood (or possibly Merlwood) is close to Aughriman South andMinkill. We are looking for Gilbanes (Kilban, Kilbane).

: Well, Sheese! Minkill all of 97 acres.
: Your Gilbride's, one of them, still in Kiltoghert; see phonebook on-line here. In 1901 there were three households.

Sorry, Sean, I'm confused. In the phone book, I see 3 Gilbanes, one in Jamestown, one in Carrick on Shannon, and one in Drumshanbo.

Are you saying that you think Minkill is where Mailwood / Merlwood is located?

Do you know if the address listed in the phone book sufficient to send snail mail to? Gilbane is a rather uncommon name, so it is likely that all three of these are distantly related.

Thanks for your help. It is really appreciated.

barb5ked@aol.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: