Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Patrick H. Fineran

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finneran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Patrick H. Fineran Reply with quote

I am trying to find some links to my Great-grandfather; Patrick H. Finneran. For some reason the extra "n" was dropped. Recorded in a parish centennial book is some information: Patrick's mother and father were Catherine and John, both of County Galway. Patrick was born Feb. 4th, 1864 in Kilbegnet, Roscommon; he married Bridget Mathers (possibly Madders)in 1864. Bridget is noted to have been from Glenamadda. My father has stated that Patrick came over with some siblings also. This was in 1866, where he moved to Scarton, PA, then to Whiteside county, ILL and finally setteled in Vail, IA. They had 14 children: Mary, Timothy, Bridget(Bessie), Catherine(Katie), Margaret(Maggie), John(Johnnie), Anna Mae, James, Patrick, William, Martin, Michael, Harry, Charles. I have the children's approximate dates of birth/death and whom they married. I would appreciate any inquiry or information regarding any and everything Finneran/Fineran related.

mfineran@lni.net

Tom Voyles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Patrick H. Fineran Reply with quote

Since you know that Patrick was born in 1864 in
Kilbegnet Parish, Co. Roscommon, I went looking for
his birth registration in government records. During
1864 I found only one Patrick Fineran birth registered
in Co. Roscommon. It was registered in Athlone
Registration District. This registration is on
page 7 of volume 8 of 1864 births. Volume 8 is
on LDS microfilm number: FHL 0101087.

You seem to know just about everything about his
birth except his townland, and the government
birth registration would supply that.

Glenamaddy Poor Law Union is located just north
of Kilbegnet Parish. You can see them via the
map page on this site.

Tom Voyles

ntvoyles@netzero.net

Marty Fineran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Patrick H. Fineran Reply with quote

Mr. Voyles,
Thanks for the great information. I made an error when I posted the original message about my Great-grandfather's birthday. I have two records that state he was born in 1840 in Galway, and in his Obituary, it states he was born Feb. 25th, 1845 in Kilbegnet, Roscommon. Very confusing and difficult since I don't have the ability to access any hard-copy records. Thanks again!!

mfineran@lni.net

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: